Thread Module

Discussion

brittahellandinc

Olypmus Foot Pedal Issue

Apr 12, 2023 - Posted by brittahellandinc in Transcription

1 Responses | 1407 Views

Does anyone use an Olypmus foot pedal in conjuction with DSS Transcription Module?  I recently updated to Windows 11 and my foot pedal no longer does what it used to do.  The play button used to go back roughly 3 seconds with a double tap, and it no longer does that.  It just starts where it left off, leaving me having to rewind and therefore less efficient.  Thanks in advance.

admin@tdb on 04-14-2023

Hi, Here are a few steps that you can take to troubleshoot this issue: * Check if the foot pedal is recognized by the computer: Go to Device Manager and see if the foot pedal is listed under "Human Interface Devices." If it's not listed, try unplugging and plugging it back in or restarting the computer. * Check the foot pedal settings in the DSS Transcription Module: Open the DSS Transcription Module and go to "Options" -> "Foot Control Settings." Ensure the correct foot pedal model is selected, and check the settings for each pedal button. You can customize the function for each button, including the double-tap function. * Update the foot pedal driver: Check the Olympus website for any available updates for the foot pedal driver. Download and install the latest version and see if it resolves the issue. * Reinstall the DSS Transcription Module: If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the DSS Transcription Module. Make sure to back up any important transcription files before uninstalling. *Check for Windows updates: Make sure your computer is updated with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes, updating to the latest version can resolve compatibility issues with software and hardware. I hope one of these steps helps resolve the issue with your foot pedal and DSS Transcription Module. If not, you may contact Olympus technical support for further assistance.

In order to comment or reply. You need to login. Please to login

Reply to this thread

Resources for Transcriptionists